Monday, May 31, 2010

It just doesn't seem fair...

Then again nobody said it would be fair, this whole dating thing. When you want something too much you don't get it and when you don't want it, Its given to you on a silver platter.

I met her a little bit after midnight. Curly hair, blue eyes, nice figure, but there was that certain something else. The spark. There's nothing more attractive to me than positivity. She looked like the happiest girl there. I waited a few minutes and then she looked over. Our eyes met and I motioned with my hand for her to come over. She came over and started kissing me.

We spent the rest of the night dancing and making out. Two A.M. rolls around and I realize I fucked up. I've been too busy having fun and I don't know where this girl came from, who she rode with, and where they're headed afterwrds. Logistics make or break an evening. Girls are free to have a good time and let things go. A man's gotta lead the way.

I quickly find out the deal. She came with her friends in cabs. She doesn't know where they're going after. This is a good thing. I tell her that I have a plan. I'm going to kidnap her and take her to my neighborhood. She says "I don't know...I'm going to have to think about that." A few minutes later I take her hand and say "Lets go." She follows me and we walk to my car. Nice save! Its going good and then her phone rings...disaster. She has her friend's keys. Now we've gone from going back to my place to dropping her off at her friend's condo.

Sigh...well Its not entirely lost. I'm sober and I can give her a safe ride. That means I can be trusted enough to meet up another time. Actually, that sounds pretty good. She's positive, happy, and emotions are contageous.

We shoot a couple of texts over the next week and decide to meet up. Its a causal meetup, which is good, but she's with other people and I don't know who they are...bad. I tell Robbie and Kino to be around in case I need a wing, but it turns out I don't need them. Its a double. She shows up with a guy and another girl that are together. We all hangout together for awhile and then head over to my favorite karaoke bar. I sign up for a song, but there's a nice long wait and a dancefloor.

We dance and makeout. A funny thing happens when you're with an attractive girl and there are other attractive girls present. That's right, the other girls start looking at you and smiling (maybe salivating.) On another night, with no attractive girls on my arm, these same girls could give a SHIT? No. By myself Its work. I have to demonstrate that I'm cool and why I can be trusted. When you're with attractive girls the work is done.

Her friends leave and we're alone. I've been asked to give her a ride back to the friend's house later. That doesn't bode well for sex, but you can't fight the current, lest you drown. Gotta go with it.

I sing my song and I do an adequate job. Its not my best performance, but far from my worst. She likes it. We leave the bar soon after. I take her to the beach, but I'm holding back a little. I could try to go a little farther. The vibe is sexual, but she's not buying yet. I tell her that we should go get the best pancakes in the whole world. Now to be honest the restaurant has good pancakes, but not quite the best ever. However, it pays to oversell wherever you're going.

We go to the restaurant and continue to get comfortable with each other. Being comfortable is the most important thing. Good positive emotions. If there's any fear or discomfort you're done. Its comfortable, but not quite comfortable enough. I could have asked her to come home with me, but her friend was expecting her. Too much judgement...and dare I say not quite enough comfort.

I take her home and head off. Reflecting on the evening I can't help but wonder why Its so backwards. When you're alone the hot girls don't want you. When you're already with a hot girl, they want you in the worst way. When you're dangerous the girls want you to take them. When you get them home safely, they won't be taken anywhere. Women wonder why men are such jerks. I guess we have to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam is it?
    So i know u havent posted for about a year but u should start posting again. ive been looking for a blog like this! its fantastic!
    Uve got really good advice and thoughts :)
    I dont know if ul ever get this comment but if u do it would be awsome if u could start blogging again! Best blog ive started following so far!

    ReplyDelete