Sunday, May 9, 2010

What's his secret?

I don't go out in my own neighborhood a lot. Its a party scene here, but kinda college. I prefer downtown but tonight I just wanted to be home. Geno comes over to my house and we shoot the shit for awhile before going out. Our plan is the same as always. Go out, talk to girls and let nature take Its course.

We hit the town and Its a little dead. There's girls out, but the vibe Isn't so good. Conversations are forced. Is there anything worse on this planet aside from forced conversation? The worst word in dating is "try." Anytime we're trying to make something happen we're doomed.

Geno Isn't feeling the vibe, so he heads back to his neighborhood. I don't want to go with. I've done it too many times. The night Isn't going exactly the way you want, so you just go looking for stimulation elsewhere. However, that's PRECISELY what's making you unhappy. The search for stimulation, rather than feeling good with what is.

I leave the bar and head up the street. Tommy 5's. Its this really shit club (as always club names are changed to protect the innocent and the shitty clubs :) I don't know why I went in. I've never really had a good time there. However, as always you never know. Sometimes the worst situations bring about the very best.

I come in and within a couple of minutes I start chatting a group of girls. There's two cute ones and one that's not so cute. I talk to the one that's not so cute. Why?? Well, what do most stupid guys do. They come up, start talking to the cute girl and completely ignore the chubby friend. Chubby friend proceeds to feel horrible and BLOCKS. Well not this here stupid guy :) Win the friends and you win the girl. I'm chatting up the girl that gets the least attention and go figure the cute ones get interested. Out of the two cute girls, there's one that stands out. Stacy. She's tall, athletic, has very curly hair and big blue eyes. She's looking at me with a brightness. Brightness? I don't know exactly what that means, but Its the only word I can use to describe it.

The girls and I are not alone. There's a group of guys that have moved in. I can tell right off the bat that their game Isn't very good, but they're not blocking me, so I guess Its good enough. Work with what you have, not with what you don't have.

I tell Stacy that Its time to dance and take her away to the dancefloor. She tells her friends to come. This is both good and bad. The good thing is she followed me. When girls follow your lead with one request, they'll follow suit with others. We get to the dancefloor and very soon it gets physical. She's not very shy and doesn't mind making out in front of her friends. However, this Isn't good. Its not bad because I want her to be shy, but it means she doesn't need me to isolate her to move things forward. Typically when there's no isolation there's no sex.

I'm escalating and the other guys are stalling. They're spinning the usual web of crap. "afterparty!" "can I get you a drink!" Not that those things are inherently bad, but there's a lack of leadership in the execution. They're not having their own fun, so much as TRYING to keep the girls there and the girls know it. Girls want to have fun, they don't want to BE the fun.

We all end up going to this bar around the corner that stays open a little bit later than others. Everyone except me is drunk. Most guys have to be drunk in order to give themeselves permission to approach girls. Girls often need alcohol to give themseslves permission to let their guard down and go home with the guys. Seems like a good plan right? Wrong. Alcohol game is very inconsistent. People get dumb when they drink and if you're a guy you want to be physically and mentally competent. Its time to bounce this party. I make the call to get mexican food.

We all get to the restaurant and now the other guys are REALLY fucking up. One is getting emotional over some crap that happened at the bar. The others just sound drunk and stupid. They're not escalating and the girls are growing bored. Well except for my girl. She's getting a massage. We're eye gazing and kissing. Romance at Alberto's mexican food :)

The friends call a cab and the night very suddenly comes to an end. Looking back, I should have figured out where they were going and asked to ride with them. Now I'm holding my dick with three drunk dudes in a restaurant. One of the guys says "so...it seemed like you were doing really well there. What's the secret?" I could have launched into a diatribe about leadership and explain how women want men who are men. Men who can take control of a situation and make things happen. I didn't tell him. From what I could see these guys weren't ready to hear the truth. Some men are never ready.

The Bugs seem to get it

1 comment:

  1. That is a good plan I must say. If more guys would go along these lines then just maybe they would get more action. Good luck on your quest :)

    ReplyDelete