Saturday, March 20, 2010

Almost had to fight tonight...

This almost never happens. Really it doesn't. I'm 6'1, 210 lbs, well built, and my ears bare the scars of many battles. Generally I get left alone by other men. Tonight was a little different.

I'm supposed to meet up with my friend Geno. Geno is what the laymen refer to as a pimp. He even teaches other guys how to improve their pimp factor for money. Cool job. Geno is a a little late, so I begin the night on my own. I chat up some people in this small bar called Stillwater. Stillwater generally doesn't have much going on, but you never know.

I'm leaning up against the wall near he jukebox, when a girl walks by. She's cute. We make eye contact and I pull her towards me. Immediately I feel her relax, like she can be at ease now that I've taken her. I massage her shoulders a bit. The reason I massage is that it plays to a strength of mine, my hands. I'm good with my hands. She asks me what I'm doing tomorrow. I tell her I'm going to be chilling at home. She tells me to get her number. As I'm reaching for my phone she says "hurry, my ex-husband is here. I see him looking for me." Uh oh. I put the number in anyways.

In my last post I spoke of infidelity and how normal it is. I really believe this to be true and I don't have a problem sleeping with women that have boyfriends and husbands. If I'm not doing it, I KNOW someone else will. That said, I don't SEEK OUT these relationships. Anything that has a drama factor for me loses points, and non-single women especially carry drama. However, when the circumstances are so that I don't have to deal with angry husbands or boyfriends and Its not one of my friend's girls, I really don't care. People cheat and there's nothing any of us can do to change this truth.

So after I get the number I walk off to another section of the bar. Several minutes later a big guy stands right in front of me blocking me off. I know EXACTLY what this is. Territorial act of aggression. Its a monkey with a bigger brain doing monkey business. The girl I was talking to walks by and then the guy turns to me. He gives me the finger and starts screaming at me. "PUSSY! LETS GO! FUCK YOU!" Jesus...the last thing I need in my life is a street fight. Street fights are for idiots. Even if you win you can get hurt or in a lot of trouble. Grown men need not fight unless the safety of their friends, family, or themselves is at stake. This guy wants to fight me because his ex-wife, visiting from the opposite coast, wants to fuck me. He's probably got her here to try to win her back. Jealous. Desperate. Ultra protective of one of the few girls he's ever laid. Chump deluxe. Nevertheless I gotta deal with his sorry ass now. I look him in the eye and say "calm down." He keeps trying to advance towards me and the girl is now in front of him blocking his way. The crowd just looks on. Ha! Its funny how ineffective people are in any crisis. They'd rather watch a movie than be in the movie. I stand my ground and repeat "calm down." I turn, keeping the corner of my eye on the couple and then they exit the bar. Crisis averted.

One could easily point their finger at me in this situation and say "Seeeee that's what you get pal." I'm going to choose to look a little deeper. Its the chump's fault. If he were a cool guy he wouldn't tolerate a girl that would disrespect him like that. A cool guy certainly wouldn't be jealous of a random guy she just met. Jealousy is the emotion of the insecure and women don't respect insecure men. If it were me in his situation, I would either physically pick my girl up and take her away, or walk out the bar and find a new woman if she was there to meet other men. If another man successfully picked up my girl, tough as it would be, I would have to admit that at least on that night he was cooler than me. The best man always wins, or at least the man with the best game.

In the end the chump was successful on one level. I will NOT be calling this girl. He created enough drama to keep me at bay. However, he probably didn't earn any points with his ex-wife by acting like a little immature middle schooler. My lord. If he did then props to him for understanding the wacky needs of his ex. Women aside, Its sad that some men have to go through their entire lives needy, jealous, and insecure.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I can't say that I agree with all of this, lol.
    But I can't stop reading it either.

    I'll definitely be following.

    http://www.theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete